Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A pregnancy after giving birth at 23 weeks has to rank up there with one of the most stressful experiences of all time.  Every day, I feel like I’m living in fear.  I can simply vacuum my house and be overcome with guilt and wonder if I’ve threatened my baby’s life.  I don’t know what normal is.  Even things that may have been normal the first time, I view as abnormal considering my extremely premature labor. 

Sunday night, I experienced severe back pain/cramping.  It felt like I was going into labor, but only on my right side and it was constant.  I talked to the nurse on call and she had me drink a lot of water, lay down and take a Benadryl.  It got me through the night and helped me avoid a trip to the ER.  I got in to see my OB on Monday morning and he had no explanation.  My cervix was still closed.  My cramping has since improved after a day of bed rest, but I still wish I knew what caused it.  I had my P17 shot just an hour prior on the same side that the cramping started.  Has anyone experienced that as a side effect? Or, it could have been another kidney stone giving me problems.  It terrifies me because back pain is what started a few weeks before I gave birth at 23 weeks.  But, I pray and pray for peace.  I remind myself that this baby is in God’s hands to live for HIS purpose and not my own.  

No comments: