Sunday, August 19, 2012

22 Weeks

Current size of baby: 15 oz (Olivia and Logan were around 17.5 oz when they were born!)

How far along? 22 weeks

Total weight gain: 13 lbs (I gained no weight last week and I lost a ½ lb this week. I guess that’s okay???)

Inches Gained: 5 inches

Maternity clothes? Yes.

Sleep: Pretty good. I bought a Boppy wedge pillow and I think it will help some.  I have a pregnancy pillow from my first pregnancy, but it takes up half of the bed. 

How I'm feeling Pretty good. I think back to how I felt with Olivia and Logan at this point. I was 15 lbs heavier with horrible back pain and constant cramping. I’m doing much better compared to that, which allows me to hope that I will carry this baby much longer.

Best moment this week: My gender reveal party and telling everyone that we’re having a girl! We actually found out the gender the night I was in the hospital and I had to keep it a secret for a week! I’m sure I slipped a few times.

Food cravings: None really.

Food aversions: None

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: NO. Thank goodness

Belly Button in or out? Out

What I miss: Being able to do more stuff. It’s hard when you actually have the motivation to clean and you can’t.

What I am looking forward to: Olivia’s 5th birthday party on Saturday. I can’t believe that I will have a 5 year old. I’m so proud of how far she has come in 5 years!

Milestones: We registered this weekend for our baby. Luckily, we still have a car seat, crib, breast pump, high chair, etc. But, after going through Olivia’s old clothes I noticed that we have hardly any newborn and 0-3 month clothes. She was on Phenobarbital for months after we brought her home and she threw up every day. Sadly, I had to throw most of the clothes away because Phenobarbital stained so badly!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

you should register for a car seat because car seats expire 6 years after their manufacture date, and your seat was probably manufactured before Olivia and Logan were born. That's huge with safety because expired seats may fail in a crash. :( I'm so so happy you are having another baby! I bet Olivia will love having a sister. I have one and she is my best friend!

Jennifer said...

you can check the seat and see the expiration stamp. It will say "do not use after December 2012" or some other year....it should be stamped on the back or bottom of the seat. It may be hard to find.

Jodi said...

Jennifer, does that expiration apply even though Logan's was never used, never sat outside in a car? It still looks brand new. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Jodi said...

Jennifer, does that expiration apply even though Logan's was never used, never sat outside in a car? It still looks brand new. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm no expert but I bet the carseat is safe- we use ours from 5 years ago and I feel perfectly safe...

Also, big YAY!! that you are feeling great and getting to do some fun baby stuff! Can't wait until you are past 23 weeks and keep going!!

Neva

Anonymous said...

I think it does apply no matter if the carseat was used. Mine has an expiration date on it also.

Jodi said...

The expiration date is 5-2013. I'm using it until then after which I will switch to a convertible seat.

Jennifer said...

Oh sorry I just saw your reply. Yes, unfortunately it does apply.

Anonymous, it may look and seem safe, but it's proven after 6 years they are no longer safe due to natural wearing of the plastic and other factors no matter if it was used or not. :( Jodi since you found the expiration date stamped on the seat, it's safe till then. Glad you can get some use out of it! :) CONGRATS again!!