Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today, we celebrated my niece’s 5th birthday party at the Bug Lady Academy.  They got to see tarantulas, snakes, guinea pigs, bunnies, birds and even a pig!  Olivia had a great time and what a fun party! 

IMGP0255

Izzy, the birthday girl!

IMGP0248

Don’t peek!

IMGP0252

And she wasn’t even afraid of the snake.  The adults were much more afraid of everything than the kids were. 

In other news, I’ve about had it with our cat, Kelsey!  First, she starts peeing in the playroom and we have to re-carpet a corner of it.  Then, she hisses for days at Tobey after his surgery.  Then, I get home the other day and she had knocked Pinky’s cage off onto the floor!  So, naturally we keep Olivia’s bedroom door shut.  Well, last night she was so determined to get in that she completely tore up the carpet trying to get under the door.  I was livid!  Granted, it probably wasn’t a good idea to bring a furry little critter into the house with three cats, but my other two could care less.  Kelsey is OBSESSED with him.  This is where she sleeps every chance she gets!

photo (59)

So, naturally I’m terrified that Kelsey is going to eat Pinky.  We super-glued rubber pieces to the bottom of his cage/aquarium so that Kelsey can’t push it off.  It came with latches to secure the lid and I also purchased Safety First child proof straps for added protection.  I think Pinky is safe.  Then, Pinky escaped from his ball tonight and luckily I always make sure no cats are around when he’s out. 

photo (58)

And, don’t get me wrong. . .Kelsey is a good, sweet cat.  She’s just been causing lots of trouble around here lately and is driving us a bit crazy!  I honestly don’t know what’s gotten into her.  Does she sense that a baby is coming?  Or is she jealous of Olivia’s new pet?  Good grief!

No comments: