Thursday, August 16, 2012

It’s A. . .

Beautiful Baby!  (That was kind of mean, wasn’t it?)  Gender announcement coming tonight!

photo (58)

My sister-in-law, Shelley, is throwing me a gender reveal party tonight.  This is the box to be filled with blue or pink balloons.  Pictures and the exciting announcement to come later tonight!

And my not so exciting news. . .I talked with my doctor after the ultrasound.  Everything is fine, baby is measuring perfect, cervix is a good length.  I do, however, have an irritable uterus, which was one of the reasons I was admitted overnight to the hospital last week.  That, in and of itself, is not too uncommon.  It’s basically due to the fact that your uterus does not want anything in it, so it contracts in an attempt to get it out.  It’s not a problem unless it changes the cervix and so far, it hasn’t. And, I also have a cerclage holding my cervix together this time.  But, I can guarantee that is the cause of my premature labor last time.  If it doesn’t like one baby, it sure didn’t like two.  I’m not on bed rest, but my doctor instructed me to take care of my basic needs and that of Olivia. . .and that’s it.  I am on progesterone shots, which can help calm the uterus.  I also have to take Benadryl every night because of it’s calming effect.  I go back in two weeks and if I’m still having uterine irritability, they will do a fetal fibronectin test that tells us the chance of going into labor within 2 weeks.  If it’s negative, I can breath a short sigh of relief.  If it’s positive, I would have to go on hospital bed rest.  So, a lot to prepare myself for.  A lot of things that I can no longer do.  But, it will be worth it for the health of this beautiful baby.  Please please keep me and this beautiful life inside of me in your prayers.  We still have a ways to go. . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are mean! Just joking but I have been waiting all day to find out the gender of your little one! Guess I will have to keep waiting! Oh, love the hamster! What do your cats think of it?

Brandi W.

Cora said...

Jodi, I've almost commented several times in your pregnancy. I too had a 23 weeker (although just a singleton). She is now 6. I also had a term baby after her, with a TVC and more downtime than I would have liked. She is almost 2. I kept a blog of that pregnancy post micro preemie that I'd be happy to share with you if you'd like. There is hope! I also did do FFN testing, but be warned, there are many false positives with a cerclage in place. The positives really don't tell you much unfortunately. But the negatives do.

Unknown said...

This blog is amazing.Meditek Engineers are a most respected and reliable name in a comprehensive range of Hospital equipment designed and devised according to the needs of comfort of the customer.Hospital Bed manufacturers.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your little girl!!! And I hope your uterus is like mine - contracts a lot, but keeps the baby in until at least 35/36 weeks. Hang in there.

Jodi said...

Cora, I'd love the name of your blog. Always like to meet others who have gone through similar experiences.