Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday, February 1, 2013

I visited with a lactation consultant this afternoon. Abigail was thrilled that she got to go somewhere to eat. All of the other babies there were maybe 5 lbs, so my 10 lb baby looked like a giant! LOL. Anyway, she ate for about 45 minutes and only got 80 ml or just over 2 1/2 oz. The minimum per feeding at her age is 2 1/2 oz, but she has to work really hard for it. So that's probably why she likes a formula bottle. She gets more and gets it faster. So, I'm trying to boost my supply by drinking more water and taking a supplement called more milk plus by Motherlove. It would also help, I'm sure, to reduce stress and get more sleep. I may also look into a dairy elimination diet to see if that helps with the gassiness and fussiness.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that she's gaining weight so well, but wish she didn't have to constantly eat to do so. Praying I can boost my supply for her. After feeding her a few bottles, I was reminded of how much I hate bottle feeding. . .getting the bottles ready, having it drip down their face, having to pack bottles in the diaper bag. Ughh. Really hoping I can do this until she is 1 yr old. We'll see.

Here is a picture of Abigail heading out with me today. And, it was pajama day at school so Olivia was thrilled!



No comments: