Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eye Doctor

My daughter. . .she is one of the funniest people I know!




She had an eye appointment today. I heard a baby in the other room screaming and I thought," Bless your heart. Been there, done that."

As the lady was taking her back, Olivia asked," Where's my normal guy?" And she asked,"Am I gonna get drops today?" She hates to have her eyes dilated. She kept asking every person who came in that same question over and over even though we told her no.

As she was reading the picture chart, she came across this one:




Most kids say horse. Olivia said "Cowboy rider." This cracked the nurse up.

Then she had to stare at this red dot across the room while the nurse looked in her eyes. The nurse kept reminding her to look at the red dot and Olivia finally said,"But your head is in the way!" And she was literally standing right in front of her. Then Olivia started talking in her British accent and I cracked up from then on. Especially hilarious for a girl who has barely left the state of Kansas.

Anyway, please make a mental note of June 13th. That is the date of Olivia's second eye surgery (her first was at a year old.) Lots of prayers needed for that day. The surgery will be tightening her eye muscles due to strabismus. By a certain age, people can start to develop double vision/migraines and we are hoping to prevent that. It will be nice to get that out of the way before kindergarten!
Jodi- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: