Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - Update and Brag!

Happy Halloween! I just had to write and brag about my little girl. As of noon today, she had not had any apneas or bradycardias since 8:00 pm last night. Her blood gas this morning was better than it’s been in weeks (which has to do with how well the body is being oxygenated.) She also passed the 3 lb mark yesterday and now weighs 3 lbs 1 oz. Olivia was switched to a new doctor today. Her previous doctor has been out of town with his father who is ill. Her new doctor is Dr. Dorn and he seems very pleased with her progress. This week she will be having her first EEG to check for seizure activity. Dr. Dorn also mentioned that they will talk to us about ways to stimulate her such as starting to read to her, etc. We said, “Um. . .we’ve been doing that every day since before she was born.” Olivia will also be seen by a physical therapist this week who will be doing some stretches with her and will evaluate her likelihood of developing cerebral palsy.

I’m just so proud of her. She’s the strongest person I’ve ever met and I’m so proud that she’s my daughter!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Halloween Olivia!!! Sounds like she is doing VERY well so far on CPAP and I hope this continues!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing! What an amazingly strong 'big girl.'