Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday, November 2, 2007 - Update and Pictures

Olivia is an absolute beauty! She looked wonderful today. Ryan and I have both been able to calm her when she’s crying which makes us feel good. It’s amazing to actually feel like a mom and dad. Not too much new to report today. Her EEG did show some abnormal brain function and focal seizures. From what we’ve always heard, seizures are very, very normal in premature babies. Most babies will get to a point where they will outgrow them. We think she just hasn’t gotten to that point yet, so they will have to continue her on the Phenobarbital. We have not been able to talk with the doctor about it yet.

This weekend she should reach another weight milestone. . .1500 grams. At that point, I get to start dressing her and she will work on being able to maintain her own body temperature. I’m so excited for that. Don’t worry, we’ll take lots of pictures. Speaking of pictures, we broke the 1000 mark tonight. I don’t know many people who have that many baby pictures. We were so grateful that we took so many pictures of Logan. It means so much to have them. Olivia’s PEEP remains at 5 and she’s still doing pretty darn good on CPAP. Seeing her tonight and looking into her beautiful eyes warmed my heart like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. Don’t forget about her when you say your prayers tonight and tomorrow and the next day and the next. . .






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just look at the love in her eyes as she holds your hand. Amazing! I am very proud of you, Miss Olivia, and all of your accomplishments. You have wonderful parents who love you more than you will ever know, and I am proud of them too! It will be fun for your mama to dress you, even if it is hospital clothes. Trust me, you will be one of the best dressed babies when you come home! Did I tell you that Katie and I love to buy girls clothes? Especially for you. Hope to see you soon sweet girl. My kids can't be sick forever!
Love Aunt Kimmy

don said...

I'm Jodi's Dad. Looking at the picture of Olivia holding Ryan's finger just warmed my heart till it was scorching hot! I feel the same as Jodi...Olivia, I'll love you more tomorrow than I do today! What a love-filled life awaits you! What a love-filled life awaits us!

Anonymous said...

and the next day, and the next. Your prayers, and ours will never end. That's called being parents. Olivia is very happy you are her parents. She hears your prayers, too. Mary and Ed

Sarah Furlough said...

Olivia looks beautiful, she is getting so big! Keep up the good work, baby girl- your parents can't wait to take you home!

Anonymous said...

I know that look. That is the "I love you papa" look if I ever saw it.

Joel