Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - Update

Olivia continues to thrive and is doing very well. Her sleeping/feeding schedule is beginning to become a little more reliable and allows us to better anticipate what she wants. She has a pediatrician appt on Thursday for her next Synagis shot and I'm anxious to find out her new weight.

I did want to take a moment to tell you all what a great mother I have. My poor mom has been unable to see Olivia for almost a month. She has been around others who have been sick and now she is sick herself. Olivia has remained so well because of her vigilance and caution and those of our family and friends. Many of you may not understand exactly why it is so important to keep her healthy. By all outward appearances, she seems like a healthy, normal newborn. But, after being on the ventilator for 2 months. . .her lungs are very scarred. Any illness, especially one that attacks the respiratory system like RSV, would be very hard on her. She just doesn't have the lung reserves that full term babies have. Plus, after spending 105 days in the hospital, I promised her that we wouldn't spend another night away from each other for a long time. So, you'll never see Ryan and I without Purell with us at all times. I just ask for everyone's continued patience and dedication with helping Olivia remain healthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat, I hope you feel better soon so you can spend time with Olivia! I'm sure it's tough not being able to see her.

Jodi, it sucks that Olivia has to get a shot tomorrow, but I'm sure it will make you feel better knowing she's had another synagis shot. I'm excited to find out how much she weighs!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign my comment.

Kerry