Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friday, June 13, 2008 - Update

My grandma and I were color coordinated.
What to do. . .what to do. . .
Thanks to everyone for their comments and emails. I feel incredibly blessed to have so many people willing to lend a hand or give a suggestion when needed. I have many things to try (and toys to buy.) I think Kerry had a really good point in suggesting that her arms were her security blanket. She comforts herself by sucking on her hands. Why wouldn't she want to keep them as close as possible? Aunt Kim also had a great suggestion about rolling up a blanket under Olivia's chest. She still gets a little fussy with it at times, but it helps keep her arms out in front. She was even reaching for toys. I think, too, that music is one of her favorite things and that's just something that she can't reach out and grab. Plus, she would rather play with people than alone with her toys. I'm sure that she'll do things in her own time. I just feel incredibly blessed to watch such an amazing little girl grow up each day.

Ryan's mom came over today and I had a long list of places I needed to go, things I needed to clean, organize and such. So, what did I do? I laid down in bed and took a long nap. Not too productive, but boy was it marvelous. I have had a headache every day this week and I just can't seem to shake them. I had to resort to Excedrin (which still hasn't helped) but I'm sure it will keep me up for hours tonight. I still find it ironic that my 9 month old daughter sleeps better than I do.

No comments: