Saturday, June 21, 2008

Olivia's Birth Size Doll

Yesterday, we received Olivia's birth size doll from Wee Bundles. As many times as I tell people that her head was the size of a lemon and her legs were the size of fingers, I know it's still hard to imagine. Hopefully this doll will help people better understand the size of a micro-preemie. This doll was made to her exact birth size specifications and it is weighted at just 1 lb 1.5 oz. It was a little emotional receiving it in such a tiny box. I think Ryan and I even forget how small she was.
This is how small I was when I was born.
Here I am with my birth size doll!

Okay, I'll be serious for a moment.

I have definitely come a long way.

Okay, I'm ready to go wish grandma a Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I remember seeing the doll in the hospital, but seeing another doll the same size really makes it hit home.

Anonymous said...

The doll is amazing. I think it will truly help people understand all of Olivia's trials and successes. It was a great idea and I am sure that Olivia will appreciate it later.
Marilee

Anonymous said...

Oh my ... I have to get one for my daughter (okay, maybe it's more for me). Thanks!

~ Lauren
www.kathleenabigail.com