Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, July 21, 2008 - Update

Olivia was evaluated this morning by her physical therapist. She didn't have anything concerning to say about Olivia's progress. Olivia was proud to show off her rolling skills and even sat up unassisted momentarily. At her next evaluation, her physical therapist expects her to be mobile and a "handful." You know, when babies no longer stay where you put them, etc. I guess we'd better start baby-proofing the house pretty soon.

This morning I awoke to sad news about the passing of dear Marvin, who attends our church. We spoke to him quite a bit after Logan and Olivia were born. After he had oral surgery, we would tell him about how Olivia's feedings in the NICU were being increased and he would tell us that his feedings were increased as well. I know the church will miss him. I take comfort in knowing that he's in heaven. . .and he's with Logan. I just know that they have met one another. Since Logan's death, I have thought a lot about what heaven is like. I feel that it's too wonderful for us to even attempt to explain. Knowing that my sweet Logan is there provides me with something more tangible to relate to. It makes heaven even more desirable to me (if that's possible.)

What Is Heaven Like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you this,but time really does fly when you are having fun! Seems like just a couple of days ago my little girl was learning to crawl. This past week-end we had her engagement party. She will marry a great guy in nov. White dresses are a focal point in girls' lives. Baptism, graduation and marriage. you are blessed with a beautiful baby girl. enjoy every second. Blogging is a great way to keep track of time. This was not available back in my parenting days. I found you blog on WENDI SAID SO.. Your family is in my prayers. Heavenly Father will give you new strength because through him all things are possible.

Kerry said...

Olivia proof the house? I doubt that's possible. That girl's smart. You are definitely going to have your hands even fuller some day soon! I can't wait to watch her leave the blanket and head straight to the one piece of fuzz you missed on the floor and put it in her mouth! (Okay, that was mean, but come one, you know it's going to happen!) :-)