Sunday, July 20, 2008

Olivia's Baptism

Here we are in our polka-dots!
Do you like my pretty dress?

Olivia was baptized today and we want to thank all of our friends and family who attended. It was a special day for us and meant a lot to have you there. God has big plans for our Olivia. . . just as He has for all of us. I pray that Ryan and I are able to help and guide her along the way. As we were putting her beautiful white dress on, Laura said, "It won't be long until you are putting her in another white dress." Surely, it doesn't happen that fast. . .or does it?

Since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way.
Colossians 1:9-10

9 comments:

B, E and C's Mommy said...

Blessings to all of you on this very special day!!!

Cristi said...

I am afraid it does happen that quickly. One day you will look back and know how true it is. So enjoy every minute and dont let the little things get in the way. Have fun with her while she grows. I know you are. God Bless.

Kerry said...

Olivia was such a good girl! And so pretty. Thanks for letting all of us share this special day with you.

Anonymous said...

Wish I would have been able to make it but was out of town at a family reunion. I'm glad the day turned out great for you. How comforting to know that you have an entire church body standing behind you along the way of raising "our" special Miss Olivia. Hugs from nurse Holli!

Anonymous said...

Is Grandma Mary going to make the wedding dress too?! Her baptismal gown was beautiful and I'm so glad I was able to be at church Sunday to see/participate in this special milestone.

Hugs and God Bless...Shelly K.

Anonymous said...

Olivia was an angel. So calm and so peaceful. It was great to see so many people there to support her! It was fantastic!

Shea♥

Anonymous said...

Olivia,
Watch out because I meant every word of the vow I took to help you in your spiritual journey. I hope I'm never judgemental but I will speak the truth in love as the Spirit leads. I love you like crazy little girl! (I know, I know, you will probably grow up and teach me more than I ever teach you! As Christ said, a little child will lead them.)
Love,
Aunt Laura

Drew's Mom said...

That is the most wonderful family picture.

I haven't commented in while, but am always reading about your amazing little girl!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations this special day, WHAT GREAT PICTURES! Hugs to you all, WE LOVE YOU. Olivia is truely a special girl. Bless you. Love from your Colorado family, Aunt Marty