Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - Update

Oh. . . there's my guinea pig!

Olivia was visited by her Rainbows teacher and occupational therapist this morning. She really hammed it up and showed off for them. Olivia flashed them her "shy" smile, laughed at them, ate a few Puffs on her own and played with all of her toys. It's just amazing to watch her world open up for her as she realizes all of the many things that she can do.

Okay, so I had an errand that I had to run today and thought it would be okay if I took Olivia with me. It did not go as planned. I put her in her stroller because that's the best way to keep her from being exposed to germs, etc. It allows me to be free to touch things and can sanitize my hands before I pick her up. (This is a well thought out plan.) Well, she started crying and was twisting her body around to reach for me so that I would pick her up. Then, a lady came over and out of nowhere. . .reached down and touched her hand!! Usually, people don't sneak up on me like that because I have eyes in the back of my head. That is even with the "Please wash your hands before touching mine" sign on her stroller. I was mortified and wiped her hand off, etc. I know many parents of full term babies who don't like people coming up to touch their baby. . .especially during RSV season. Just a reminder. . .if you see a baby. . .you can smile at him/her, make silly faces, sounds. . .even dance a jig. . .but, don't touch!! It gives some of us a heart attack.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! look at her all standin there! how cute is she?!

Anonymous said...

you know, I never thought about moving a couch cushion so that the couch would be more at Hannah's "level." That is a darn funny but good idea you have there!

Jodi said...

Well, I can't claim the idea as my own. It was our PT's idea, but it does work great!

Jill said...

Totally with you! Ellie let loose on some old lady one day in target who tried to touch Kailey "Um, we don't let germy people touch our baby!" She tells people they can't touch "her" baby "cause, mom, they are just so germy and yucky." And thanks again, got my cute pink sign for my carseat!

Kellars Mommy said...

Look at that big girl!!! Sorry someone almost gave you a heart attack, I guess I never really freaked when someone touched Kellar, I knew they didn't know and if they looked "decent" I'd just whip out the sanitizer after the left and clean his hands really good..