Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday, January 24, 2009 - Update

Okay, so I need to take some more recent pictures of Olivia. I keep picking and choosing some from the past month, but I thought this one would be fitting considering how we spent the afternoon. I thought I had a great idea. Sedgwick County was holding an e-waste event at the Coliseum where you could drop of old tvs, computers and other electronic equipment at no charge. My dad and brother did this last year. They drove up, unloaded their stuff and went on with their day. Ryan was going to go earlier in the day, but I had this great idea. Why not wait until after Olivia takes her nap and we'll all take a little road trip together? Afterwards, we can pick up lunch and head home. What a bad idea that turned out to be. When we got there, traffic was backed up for well over a mile and moving at a snail's pace. And, that was just to GET to the Coliseum. It was insane! Olivia was an angel and didn't even make a peep. She just sat in her carseat. We were complaining more than she was. Finally, we gave up and left with our electronics in tow. We were hungry, Olivia was hungry and it was just an awful way to spend the afternoon. Did anyone else attempt this? We ended up dropping Olivia off at Grandma and Grandpa Glunt's and Ryan and I went out to lunch at 4 pm! We had a delicious meal at Timberline, just the two of us. So, that was nice. Thanks Olivia for being so patient!


mommyof2 said...

Hey Jodi! We did see all the comotion but neither one of us new why. We passed by there around 4pm, and the line was insane! I was like what the heck is going on??? Just cars are around and weaving in and out, but not moving at all. Then I come home and watch the news and was thoroughly impressed that people waited in line to drop off stuff to recycle for over 3 hrs! WOW! Go Wichita, trying to get GREEN :) I think next yr we will do this but make sure we are there bright and early!

HansonTriplets said...

We did get our tv dropped off. Thank goodness I kicked my hubby out the door so early because he got there about fifteen minutes after it started he still had to wait in line for about an hour. Then we watched the news and found out just how many people tried to go. He left me here with the sick kiddos. I was glad to go and get our old electronics out of here. It was going to cost $40 for the trash people to pick it up. It looks like you all are doing well. Also, I was contacted by Wesley to be part of the Wesley NICU Advisory Council. This is a group of families that can e-mail past members that have had kids in the NICU to help other families. If you want information about it just let me know.