Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday, February 23, 2009 - Update




Please continue to pray for Lauren, her husband, Josh, and family. My heart has just been breaking for them today. Everybody who desires children should be blessed with at least one child to call their own. Anything less than that, just doesn't seem fair. I know it's easy to trust in God's plan when His will coincides with our own. When His will results in unimaginable pain. . .it's tough. I still believe that God's plan is better than my own, but it doesn't take away the pain that we experience in life. But, God will get you through the pain. I am proof of that. So is my little miracle, Olivia.

She is still practicing her walking and is doing phenomenal. Olivia had her 18 month checkup today with two vaccinations. Poor girl. I guess the appointment went okay. Her doctor is officially concerned about her weight gain (I've been concerned for a few months now.) She was only 17.6 lbs and is falling off of her growth chart. So, she has to go back in every 2 months for weight checks. At least I wasn't lectured about sippy cups. . .I think however I get calories in her at this point is fine. It was also the first conversation that I've ever had with a doctor who brought up autism when talking about Olivia's development. Of course she's not meeting 18 month milestones. . .she's only 14 months adjusted. Since when do they start pretending that she is a regular 18 month old? Olivia has made huge gains in the past few months! However, I'd rather her doctor take everything too seriously than not seriously enough. Something about being told that my pregnancy was going well when it wasn't just doesn't sit quite right with me. We did also find out today that Olivia has two cysts on her foot due to her numerous heel pricks in the NICU. She also has a sebaceous cyst on her neck which probably formed from having her central line. This may have to someday be removed. All in all, Olivia did not care for her check up today. She is getting to the age where she knows it's not somewhere that she wants to be and who can blame her? Please continue to keep her in your prayers as she grows and develops.

4 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

Praying....

Olivia is such a beauty. Thank you for sharing about her. I know that she is going to continue to do well!

God Bless!

Stacie said...

Jodi, I love these pictures of you and Olivia. You look like one proud Mommy!! :D

Way to go Olivia! You are such an amazing little girl. I am joining in on a large number of people who think you are pretty darn precious and who are so proud of you!!

Just a few steps today will soon lead to running all over the house. Tell your Mommy and Daddy to put on their running shoes.

Madison and I can't wait to come over and see all the action in person.

Love you all,
Stacie

Erin said...

I wish I could just hand over to Olivia the few pounds that I'd like to shed!

McTriplet Mommy said...

Hi, Jodi! It was so nice to meet you tonight and chat with you guys. I love your blog - Olivia is a-dorable!!! :)

Take care, talk soon!
Kara