Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday, February 28, 2009 - Update


If you give a mama a cookie, she'll eat another one and another one. . .
My sister-in-law, Kim, brought over these two bags of my favorite cookies in the whole wide world. She whips up some of the greatest cookies and I don't know how she has time with four kids. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I'm one of those people who scrapes off the excess frosting on cake, but there are certain sweets that I just crave. These are one of those things. Thanks, Kim!!

Last night, we tried our sleep training again and Olivia did very well. She woke up around 3 am and cried for about thirty minutes, but went back to sleep on her own. We're finding that she is a much happier girl in the morning and is sleeping in past 8:30 am. I don't think Ryan trusts me not to intervene, so he's listening for her out on the couch and I have the bedroom all to myself. I could be enjoying these uninterrupted nights of sleep, but I'm waking up around 4-5 am with horrible sinus pain. It's driving me insane! I've taken so much cold and allergy medication that I'm a little loopy. I'm hoping that it's not anything contagious and that allergies are the main culprit. Pray that I don't get Olivia sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I just stumbled upon your blog from a friends.

Thank you for sharing your precious gift with us!

I could almost taste those cookies, via the computer screen.

You have been added to our friends and will check in often.

Laura and "Mumbles"

HansonTriplets said...

I am so sorry I am just now getting back with you. I am glad to hear that you sleep training with Olivia is going well. When I first started it would take about 30 minutes for my kids to calm down as well. I laughed when you said your husband tried to help because my kids did the same thing. No one but mommy. It does get better. I just had someone say to me that if the baby stops crying the moment soon after you pick them up they are just waking up and wanting attention. It seems also that since they started getting more sleep they have been happier babies. Just keep with it. Evan also does the throwing up thing. He would cry so hard that he would throw up and then we would have to clean everything up without trying to wake up the other babies. Evan was the worst but one day he just realized that what I wanted him to do and just started sleeping through the night.