Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday, August 14, 2009 - Update




Our own 2 year pictures

Today, Olivia and I hung out with Aunt Shelley. She had to take her vehicle in for new tires and instead of waiting around for them, we picked her up, went to lunch and hung out. That part of our day was great. Then, I got this crazy, harebrained idea to have some professional pictures done of Olivia. She looked adorable in her glasses and hair bow, and was in a great mood. I figured having an extra adult on hand would also be nice. I have been wanting to have pictures done of Olivia for a long time, but I have been nervous to see how she'd react. I envisioned surprising daddy with tons of adorable pictures and was so excited. Well, my dream ended as fast as it began and I left feeling defeated with a crying child, zero pictures and my tail between my legs. There was too much going on, too many people and she became way over-stimulated. I wish they took the pictures in a room that was closed off from the waiting area. There was no way Olivia would sit still for pictures and we quickly gave up. Then, she had a complete meltdown when I tried to calm her down in the car. Now, I don't know that I'll try again for a really long time. And, I really, really, wanted 2 year pictures taken. I guess I will have to make due with my sub par photography skills for awhile longer. :(

5 comments:

Kim said...

I know a photographer that you might want to check into...uncle Joel!

Anonymous said...

Ditto - Jodi, come on over for a joel's i view session!!!

23 weekers said...

These pictures are just perfect! If you haven't tried Trey Allen, you might want to go check his studio out sometime. He takes you to the back and you're just with him. They also have theme days once a month and the pictures are really cheap. They only take a couple of shots, but he does such a good job, you'll want every possible picture. He's at 21st/Ridge - north of the Hallmark store. You can also look at his information online.

Anonymous said...

Trey Allen isn't at 21st and Ridge anymore. He moved to Maize. His studio hasn't been open here for a while, so I'm not sure where he is now. Camera Angles has the same thing for a cheaper price.

Amanda said...

I totally agree with the set up thing!Jake is almost 5 and we have STILL yet to go somewhere for pictures.. the set ups are wierd here.. with everyone watching! Sounds like the same thing as you had.. but actually... we have had a photographer come to our house... my mom used to do that for us when we were little too. like, they bring the backdrops and everything.. its not too much more (depending on who you'd pick I'd say).. but it might be worth looking into to save you the chaos! But I agree with "23 weekers".. these pictures are just perfect :) really cute! Actually.. I was just updating my wallet pics today.. and I still have Olivia in the giraffe costume from halloween in there... so if you do get pics in wallets.. can ya mail me one :) have a good day ! :)