Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday, November 7, 2009 - Update

We had a busy day today. First we went on a shopping spree at Joel and Laura's house. Olivia's cousins were kind enough to pass along a lot of great toys. Tomorrow, I will show you the big surprise that she's getting. Then, we had lunch at Bartelli's Pizzeria. Have you eaten there? It's fantastic and I would highly recommend it. Olivia spent the rest of the day playing with her new toys. . .especially her new keyboard. I think we have a pianist in the making. (By the way, she is not afraid of THIS piano.) The keyboard was even more exciting than the new flashcard app that I got for my iPhone. She can pronounce almost any word now. . . even animals and cheeseburger! Olivia has the same words, however, for Autumn and bathtub (Ah-tun) and for wagon and laundry (war-rey.) Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Most words she pronounces really well, but some are a little off the wall. The other day, she got out her stuffed opossum and I said "Pah-sum" and she said "Tadpole." I love her newfound communication, though. She is now saying tons of two word phrases. How awesome is that?

This is fun, mommy!

Can I have an iPhone for Christmas?
(I laugh at this, but I'm sure she will ask for one sooner than I expect.)

Olivia and her my iPhone.

Jamming on her new keyboard. Check out that index finger isolation. Woo-hoo!

And Autumn has spent the last few days recovering from surgery by soaking up some sun.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm amazed that keyboard still works. Katie got one at the same time Rebekah did. We're on our second one and it's hanging on for dear life! We did some shopping at Joel and Laura's too...only we didn't bring home toys, we brought home wood. I wouldn't be surprised if Kris starts hitting Ryan up for the arcade plans. Alex has been begging his dad to build another one for him!