Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - Update

I ♥ piggie tails

I'm feeling a bit discouraged tonight and I can't really put my finger on what's bothering me. I think it's the fact that Olivia is sort of in this protective bubble with people who LOVE her and understand how far she's come. They know what she has been through. But, in the real world. . .she's just another kid. I struggle with that. People don't understand why certain things are difficult for her or why she acts the way she does. It seems the older she gets, the farther behind developmentally she is. She works so very hard, but when she makes it to point A. . .the other kids are coming up on C. By the time she gets to C. . . .everyone else is approaching F. There is just no possible way that she could catch up. Her fine motor skills are vastly improving each day. She struggles with hugs. Most of the time, she runs up to you, puts her arms out and pushes you away. We've been working really hard at giving big bear hugs and she's doing it so well. It just brings tears to my eyes because sometimes all I want is for Olivia to run up and give me a big hug and say, "I love you, mommy!" And, do it without being told. Sometime I'll give you an update on how she's doing in all areas. I'm not quite in the right frame of mind tonight to do so. We all have nights like that, I suppose. Nothing a good night's sleep can't fix or a big piece of ice cream cake. . .oh, the diabetes. . .I forgot. Guess I'll have to go with sleep.

No comments: