Friday, December 9, 2011

Four Years Ago

IMG_1511

Four years ago tonight. . we were spending our 2nd night at the hospital in preparation to take Olivia home.

IMG_1524

To be able to spend all of our days and nights with her was such a joy (and a bit exhausting, I’ll admit.)  But, I finally felt like a true  mom.  I could not wait to take her home and put her in her own room, her crib, her swing and simply cuddle my baby. . .at home. 

IMG_1525

The next day, December 10, 2007, Olivia was 105 days old and I was FINALLY walking out of the hospital with my baby!! I had watched people do it over and over again for months with their flowers and balloons and I left every day empty handed.  I’d like to have fond memories of that day, but I don’t.  We had an eye appt because of her ROP on the way home so that we didn’t have to drive back the next day.  We waited hours and hours in the waiting room!  I was so unbelievably stressed because it started snowing and getting slick outside and I just wanted to get home!!  Plus, we had to get used to having her oxygen tank and oxygen saturation monitor to take everywhere.  All of that stress went away, however, when we pulled up to our house and saw this simple Welcome Home Olivia sign that our neighbors had put on our door.  That simple act of kindness will be remembered forever.

IMG_1529

IMG_1527

And this is an awful picture that I’ve never shared before, but I bawled and bawled when I brought her in the house.  I had dreamed of that day forever and it was finally coming true. 

IMG_1533

Her first bottle at home.

IMG_1534

The first time in her crib.

IMG_1574

First time in her bouncy seat. . . .the list goes on and on.  

IMGP3006

I was so grateful to have her home before Christmas.  I’m still eternally grateful for this precious child of my own.  I love her more than words can say. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember those days very well. I saw first hand how stressed you were but always knew you would do fantastic! Thanks for proving me right. :) Parents know best.