Tuesday, December 24, 2013

RIP Pinky the Hamster

So, last night I saw that Pinky lost use of his back legs. He couldn't move much or reach his water bottle. I was up last night quite a few times making sure he could drink out of his water bottle. I was surprised that he was still alive this morning.


Our vet's office was closed, but we found another vet's office that was open and Ryan took him in. The vet believed that he either had lymphoma or broke his back on his wheel?!?! Either way, euthanizing him was the only real option. He was about 2 years old, which is a pretty average lifespan for a hamster. I just wish it wasn't on Christmas Eve. Just another aspect of parenting that you
never think about. . .putting your daughter's hamster to sleep. Ugh.


Jodi- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: