Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday, October 12, 2007 - A Wonderful Update

I was able to hold Olivia tonight for about 2 hours. I don’t think that there are many more wonderful things in the world than that. She seems so happy and content when we’re holding her. Her oxygen saturation stabilized and she fell asleep for over an hour. It makes me finally feel like a mom because I know that there is no other place she’d rather be. Did you know that a mother’s body temperature will actually raise to increase that of her child? I don’t know if holding her releases all kinds of hormones in me, but I miss her so badly. I’m just a mess tonight and I can’t stop crying. I can still smell her and I remember how she felt in my arms and how she kinda pinched my skin with her fingers. It’s like I can’t wait until tomorrow to see her. I always knew that I would love any child that God blessed me with, but I’m amazed at how much I love her. I think back to the long, hard road that we have had to travel in order to have our Olivia. I would do it all over again to be blessed with such an angel. Please keep praying that she continues to grow stronger each and every day so that we can bring her home.

Oh, I guess I should mention that they did increase her feeding today to 5.4ccs and her vent settings were changed to 17/ 5 with a rate of 20. What an amazing little girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will continue our prayer vigil for Olivia and you all. You're going to make fine parents! Mary and Ed

Anonymous said...

Treasure all those moments, Jodi of holding an infant in your arms. I am sure you can't see it right now, but she is going to be too big to hold in no time. Well, as the statue at Botanica says, your children are "Never Too Big" but it is certainly not the same. Our family continues to pray many times a day for you all and the Lord is blessing us mightily.
Laura

Anonymous said...

JODI I'M A NURSE WHO TOOK CARE OF YOUR SWEET ANGLE LOGAN. ONLY ONE TIME, BUT HE TOUCHED MY LIFE. I HAVE PRAYED FOR YOUR FAMILY DURING MY 3 WEEKS OFF. I WILL CONT TO KEEP PRAYING. I ALSO HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY MOVED BY YOUR BLOG. WE AS NURSES REALLY NEED THIS JUST AS YOU NEED THIS SITE. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Miracles said...

I can relate to every single emotion you are describing when you talk about how you felt when you were holding Olivia, and your thoughts afterwards. I remember feeling exactly the same way.

The NICU experience can be a roller coaster of emotions. I am praying for your family and baby Olivia that the rest of your stay in the NICU is one that is smooth and uneventful.

She is absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way.