Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday, December 16, 2007 - Update




Thanks to my brother and dad for making those silly elves. My brother and sister-in-law came over today to hold Olivia for the first time. They had only seen her once, the day that Logan died, and she was all covered up. Olivia was even awake for their visit and showed them how well she can turn her head. My poor husband had to work a bit today. All of those weeks of only being able to work until 5 pm to go see his daughter has him feeling a bit behind. I’m still amazed at how he has been able to work throughout the past 4 months. He’s been a shining example of how husbands provide for their families. He even let me sleep in this morning. Olivia thought 1 am was play time, so I was up all morning with her. How can you put a bright-eyed, smiling girl back in her crib? I hear her stirring now. . .better go.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear that she has had another great day! I feel kinda bad though, that you guys aren't getting the sleep you need. But I'm glad she gives you that extra boost of energy!
Ever since Livi has been born, I have noticed how many people are named Olivia. And on t.v. and stuff...It was just kinda neat. :)
Love you all
Stay Strong,
Shea♥

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are finally able to really "mother" Olivia. As long as you've waited for her, how could you possibly put a bright-eyed smiling girl back in her crib? Glad to hear she's doing so well!

Kerry

Olivia said...

Hello, my name is Olivia as well and our daughter, Ahava, was born at 23 wks 5 days at 1 lb 2 oz and is our precious miracle!!!!!! I will have to read more of your blog, but I am curious as to if you experienced eating difficulties with Olivia like we are with Ahava. She will be ONE on Tuesday and she is still a very difficult eater!!! Any advice or tips would surely help from another preemie Mom!!!