Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday, February 24, 2008 - Update

One of the overwhelming comments that we receive from people who look at pictures of Olivia is that she is always smiling. She truly is a very happy baby (except sometimes in the late evening and we're still not quite sure why.) I remember seeing her endure so much while in the NICU and wondering if she'll ever even have a reason to smile. Thinking about it now, I realize that she has many reasons to smile. She has a mom and dad who love her so incredibly much. Sometimes I feel like I'm running out of ways to express to her how much I love her. She has both sets of grandparents less than 20 minutes away. Her aunts and uncles love her. . .her cousins absolutely adore her and she hasn't even met them yet. She receives gifts and cards in the mail from people she doesn't even know. She is one of the most prayed for little girls in the world. Yes, I think she many reasons to smile. . . .and she ain't seen nothing yet.

4 comments:

Miracles said...

Hi Jodi,

I LOVE the montage you have put together for Logan. So touching and beautiful.

I was catching up on my reading and saw that Olivia is starting to have some projectile vomiting. You are not alone with that. We went through the same thing with Avery. She was switched from breastmilk to Nutrimagen as well as Zantac and I can tell you it made a world of differnce. I know that Zantac does not work for all former preemies going through reflux but the formula and meds really did help her. There is nothing worse than getting that entire bottle into them and then having it come right back up. Only to have to start all over again.

Good luck I hope you find something that works for all of you.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures!
I saw Ryan drive by and he honked and we waved! I was so excited to see him! I hope Livi is getting 'Spring Fever!' I can't wait to play with her outside!
Love you all!
Stay Strong,
Shea♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi,
I love seeing those smiling pictures of Olivia! I just wanted to let you know of an incompetent cervix support group thing that I just found online. I know you've mentioned before that you've always dreamed of having children and would love to have more. I don't know your whole situation, but this site has lots of people who've gone through IVF, lost children, and have gone onto to beat IC and have full term babies. The site is http://groups.msn.com/IncompetentCervixSupport
Anyway, just another resource if you have the time. I have found it to be really helpful
Love
Neva

Anonymous said...

I especially love this outfit too! It looks GREAT on her.
These pics of her with her animals are fabulous.
She has alot to be happy about!
Her smiles melt any heart!

I love the pics of Logan.
From your Colorado family. Love you all...Marty