Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday, February 7, 2008 - Update

Do you see something wrong with this picture? Isn't the mama supposed to be in the chair and the child playing on the floor? I sat her in the chair earlier today to spread her blanket on the floor and I looked back and found her like this:
Grinning from ear to ear. All those hours that I spent rocking with her in the chair. . .I thought she was happy to be with mama, but she was just happy to be in the chair. She didn't even want me in the chair with her.

Yes!!

The chair is mine!
Unfortunately, the chair was out of commission for a bit tonight after the poor thing vomited all over it. It's that phenobarb bottle. . .it causes her stomach to be so upset. I think it's been our number one problem all along. We go in Monday for her EEG in hopes that we can wean her off of it. Every night when it's phenobarb time, she cries and cries and cries. I just don't know what to do. They won't take her off of it, I'm sure, until her EEG comes back normal. The mother of my friend, Shawna, was kind enough to mail Olivia a Happi Tummi. We have it on her right now and it seems to be helping. That phenobarb is just some nasty stuff. . .

2 comments:

don said...

I think Olivia is just like her Grandpa! When my Grandparents would come to visit, they'd pull up front and hear the "thump-thump" of the living room rocking chair and they knew that little Donnie was at it again....rockin' hard in his favorite chair that no one else could sit in. And, in case some of you don't know, Jodi also loved her rocking chair. So, I guess Sweet Olivia is just carrying on the tradition!

Jodi's Dad

Anonymous said...

We will pray that you get the go ahead to start weaning Olivia off of the phenobarb on Monday, but if you don't, seriously consider asking if she could take it in pill form to crush. That made a HUGE difference for us. We'll keep praying for good news on Monday and a sleepy Olivia through the EEG!
Neva