Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday, February 3, 2008 - Update

Olivia and her first Cabbage Patch Doll perfectly named Callie Logan.
Olivia and her sock monkey

Sorry that my previous post was so depressing. It was late at night and I just heard on the news that the little baby at Wesley Medical Center died. From what I understand, the baby was hospitalized due to RSV and sustained injuries to his skull from his own mother. I don't understand how someone like that is blessed with a baby and my Logan was taken from me. I do have a strong faith, but that doesn't mean I don't question God sometimes. I think we must trust God's will, but at the same time. . .we are allowed to ask why.

Olivia is doing very well. We've finally figured out a bathtime routine that doesn't bring her to tears. First, the bath water has to be the perfect temperature, then I wash her while Ryan holds her head. Next, Ryan wraps her in a towel while I wash her hair. It seems to work pretty well. We have found that Olivia's phenobarb bottle and/or the bottle after that are the worst ones. We think that she has problems with the phenobarb. She goes in for another EEG on Feb 11th, so if it's normal, we can hopefully start getting her off of it. That's going to be a stressful day as her last EEG was pretty traumatic for her. We are supposed to not let her eat for 4 hours prior and they will determine whether to sedate her or feed her and let her go to sleep for the EEG. Any advice on babies and EEGs would be very appreciated.

Rainbows comes for their first formal assessment on Wed. Feb 6th. Please pray that she is doing everything developmentally as she should. Please also pray for my brother on that day. He was found to have multiple gallstones and is going to have his gallbladder removed on Feb. 6th as well.

I would also like to ask prayers for little Trinity. Trinity and Tripp are 23 week twins born at Wesley a month after Olivia and Logan. Tripp has been home for about a month, but Trinity is struggling with her bottling. She has surgery tomorrow to allow her to eat better. Also, be sure to visit Kaitlyn and Corinne's blog for some exciting news. As always, thanks for all of your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Jodi that upsets me more than anything. And I think being in high school makes it worse. We have a few seniors at my school that are starting to get 'baby happy' before they are ready.
(How awful for that child.)
There is a girl who is pregnant, and made the remark, "She'll be as cute as my first one." And then flipped out a picture of her 2 year old. I just thought 'oh my goodness.' How does she take care of her, she goes to school all day??? UGH! It bugs me.
Anyway...back to whats important.
I'm so gald to hear that Livi is doing wonderful! She looks so cute with Callie! I'm so jealous, I had a million dolls, but never a cabbage patch. Looking at all the pictures, it makes me want to have cuddle time with her!! :)
Why can't it be April tomorrow?!?!
Love you all!
Stay Strong,
Shea♥

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable picture!!! I loved seeing her in person on Friday!!! I hope you enjoyed the cookie bouquet!
Marilee

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify about Marilee's comment so everyone doesn't rush over to Jodi's house so they can meet Olivia: we delivered a cookie bouquet to Jodi for her birthday and got to see little Miss Olivia at the doorway. And for those of you who haven't had the joy of seeing her yet, she's worth the wait. Her pictures do not do her justice. She is ADORABLE!

Kerry