Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday, March 28, 2008 - Update

Rainbows was supposed to come earlier in the week, but they had to cancel due to illness. They called and talked to Ryan and rescheduled for Friday. Ryan told me it was this Friday, but he wrote down next Friday on the calendar. Because we were unsure, I woke up and got dressed and ready and. . .it's apparently next Friday that they are coming. What can I say. . .Ryan tried, but. . .if you need to schedule something with us it would probably be best to talk to me.

I was ready, however, when Stacie came over to spend the day with us. We had a really good time and I can't wait for Olivia to get to know her. Stacie always makes me laugh and we even got to watch some of Days of Our Lives together. If there are any other Days watchers out there. . .do you know what happened to Pocket? I must have missed too many episodes.

I also noticed that I haven't given a March of Dimes update in awhile. As a team, we have raised $1,190. I wanted to do something for all of the walkers on our team and I looked into t-shirts, but I couldn't really find a cost-effective way to do it. My sister-in-law, Shelley, is doing something very special for everyone. I figure that this year, I will see what everyone else is doing. I still haven't decided whether Olivia is coming or not. I'd like to know what other micro-preemie moms think? Are you or have you taken your child with you?

Thank you all for thinking of Logan today. I appreciate all of your love and support.

7 comments:

Juliette said...

I'm glad you, Stacie, and Olivia had a good day.

I am planning on taking Ryan to the walk, but the Oklahoma City walk isn't until May 3rd which is out of RSV season. I plan on keeping him in the stroller or in a wrap so he won't be readily available for everyone wanting to touch. I'm anxious to see what other moms have done though. I hope many of them share their words of advice here.

I sure do enjoy your blog. I love watching Olivia grow.

Julie

23 weekers said...

My babies will be a year old tomorrow. It would be difficult for me to take my babies on the walk simply because of the continuous oxygen and monitoring - too much equipment. Not to mention the G-Tube feeds that can only be done via a pump for Kinnick. Even if I didn't have all of this, I would still be afraid to take mine out in the month of April. We have visited the PICU far too many times in the past year. While there, we were told that they typically get one last blast of RSV in the month of April. With the many, many, people and children out, I would be afraid. I know my situation is different. My babies have shown to be a little more fragile medically. Olivia has been pretty healthy. I will probably take my little ones out in June or July. Then again, maybe I'm being too protective.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm so jealous. I love Days of Our Lives, but since I'm at school, I don't get to watch it.
I'm glad that Stacie got to come over! And that you all got to enjoy yourselves.
Shea♥

Stacy said...

I plan on bringing Conner, but like someone else said, I plan on keeping him in his stroller shielded from the crowd...unless it rains, then he's not coming. At our walk, they are having a stroller decorating contest, so I'm guessing people bring their little ones. Hope you are doing well.
stacy

Anonymous said...

We haven't gone on a March of Dimes walk yet, because Charlie is just now a year old, but I think if you want to go, most people there would understand not touching your baby. We have ventured out some now and if you put a sign on the stroller that says something like don't touch me unless you wash your hands, I don't think people will bother you. We sometimes put the mosquito netting over the stroller too if we really don't want people near. We always have germ X handy and sanitizer wipes to keep everything clean. Also, I've heard that if you are outside in open spaces, RSV dangers aren't near as bad as indoors. By the end of April, I would think the dangers would be lots less, but your ped can tell you how many cases have been reported in your area. Do whatever you feel comfortable with though! Glad you got to have fun with a friend the other day!!
Love
Neva

Anonymous said...

Hi there! It is the Hanson triplets mom! We are planning on going to the March of Dimes Walk. My friend Tiffany that works at Wesley said that they are making shirts that say, "Wesley NICU Grad" on them. If you want one I can have her get one for Miss Olivia. Just e-mail me at crystal_hanson@hotmail.com and I will have her get Olivia one. I think they will be cute! Evan would love to see Olivia again. He misses his neighbor!

Kellars Mommy said...

I took Kellar to the walk last year, it was 6 days before he turned 1..Our walk was inside b/c it was raining and cold outside, I kept him in his stroller and honestly people didn't try to touch him or really even get near him...This year we are going to Dallas to walk and we can't wait!!!