Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday, December 18, 2008 - Update

The reason that I don't have hardly any Christmas presents wrapped:

Mama, I help!

There have been so many instances lately where Olivia has just made my heart melt. She gives kisses now. If you tell her to give someone a kiss, she plants a big wet one on your cheek. The other day, I was reading her a story and she just leaned over and gave me a kiss. Earlier this week, she leaned over and gave her Glo-worm a kiss. It's just so sweet. Sometimes she wants to ride her pony, but she also wants to be with me, so she follows me everywhere on her pony. Then, she rides up to me and lifts up her arms so that I'll pick her up. It just makes me feel so very loved. She has such a sweet, loving disposition.

I am a little perplexed as to what happened to all of the snow. . .not that I'm complaining. I just don't understand how it can all be melted by 8 am. How does it melt overnight without the sun? It usually takes a week or so to melt the snow in our backyard on the north side of the house. I think the weather cleared up just so Carver would be sure to get his cochlear implants turned on today. It had to be cancelled earlier in the week due to the weather. I'm so excited to hear how that goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The temp went above freezing last night and the rain washed the snow away :) BUT the forecast looks like we'll have a white Christmas- or at least a white Christmas EVE! :) I was out last night and it was very weird--wet, foggy, dark. I felt like I was in a sherlock holmes book or something :)

23 weekers said...

The only explanation I can think of is "The power of Prayer".

Shanon

Anonymous said...

Olivia is just a sweetie pie! I smile every time I look at her picture. Her smile is contagious. Your description of her following you around and giving kisses just makes me melt! There is no better thing in the world than to know your child loves you SO much! Won't it be awesome when she can actually SAY I love you, mommy! Have a Merry Christmas!
Love
Neva