Friday, September 11, 2009

Nine Eleven

Can you believe it's been eight years since that horrible day in 2001? That seems crazy to me. At that time, I was living in my first apartment and Ryan and I had been dating for about 5 months. I was on my way to work when I turned on the radio just as the second plane had flown into the World Trade Center. When I got to work, my boss, Rachelle, and co-worker, Vicki, had the radio on and we listened as the events continued to unfold. I was supposed to train Johnny, a new agent and friend, but we just sat in the back and talked all afternoon. Ryan came over after work and we watched news coverage all evening. My hearts go out to all the families affected by that day. . .whether it be from that day in particular or the subsequent war on terrorism that followed. Now, it's your turn to share what you were doing on that day and/or how it affected you.


Kathryn said...

I was in elementary school and I was sick that day so I came home early and me and my dad sat there and we watched the news and he tried to explain it all to me. I remeber being scared because my aunt is a flight attendant and she was going to be the attendant on the first plane on its next flight just a few hours later out of the nyc airport.

Kerry said...

I was asleep when my mom called me and told me to turn the TV on. I turned it on in my bedroom and was shocked. I was watching when the second plane hit. I was watching when the first Tower fell. It was horrible. I watched it all morning until I had to go to work at WSU. Then all of us graduate assistants watched the news all day long.

Amanda said...

I was at work too.. and I was so mad cause I didn't understand why we weren't aloud to go home! My work was really close to Wright-Patt Air Force base.. and everyone kept saying they were going to crash there next! (dunno why)...but... and then then one of my lovely co-workers.. told me... better say goodbye to your new fiance', cause he's going to be drafted! ??? What!? Thanks for the consolement!.. I just cried and cried!!.. and eventually I got to go home!