Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday, August 21, 2011

I am truly blessed to have a best friend (since 8th grade) who has a daughter around the same age as Olivia.  I’m even more blessed because they have become quite the little friends.  We’ve been able to do quite a bit together this summer with plans to do even more in the coming years. 

IMG_8832

IMG_8833

IMG_8836

IMG_8841

IMG_8842

And, I’ll finally admit to this. . .Madison has a nickname for me. . .she calls me. . .Gunk.  I don’t know why, but it’s always “Gunk, come here! Look at this, Gunk!”  As unappealing as the name is, it makes me laugh every time I think about it.  I mean, seriously, it’s like the funniest thing I’ve ever heard!  What a story that will be to tell her when she gets older!  Let’s just hope the name doesn’t stick.

IMG_8843 copy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could Gunk be her pronunciation of Glunt? That is the only thing I can think of.
I started reading your blog recently (I started at the beginning so it took me a few days to get up to the current posts), and I am amazed by Olivia. I also had 2 preemies (one at 32 weeks, one at 27 weeks), so I understand the challenges, and like to read other peoples' stories so I don't feel so alone on "preemie island".