Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wow, what a day. . .I was getting ready when Olivia came in and told me that something smelled bad.  I went out into the living room and smelled smoke for the second time this week.  My first thought was, “I haven’t run my dishwasher today!”  Then I noticed that the smell was coming from our laundry room.  I opened up the washing machine (after a just completed cycle) and smoke came billowing out with an awful burnt smell.  Seriously?  Are you kidding me?  After the dishwasher incident?  I called Home Depot where we purchased our washing machine just over a year ago.  I spent ALL afternoon on the phone trying to get things sorted out.  At first I learned that it only had a one year warranty. . .that expired in June.  Then, the guy from Home Depot called me back to tell me that we had indeed purchased the extended warranty.  We hardly ever purchase extended warranties, so that was quite a blessing.  Home Depot was awesome about the whole thing.  Now, at the moment I don’t think too highly of our LG washing machine.  Thankfully, a service technician will be out tomorrow to take a look at it.  I’ll let you know what in the world happened.  Let’s just hope that we don’t have to purchase other appliances any time soon. Next time I’m just going to find the one with the WORST reviews and buy that one.  I think we’d have better luck going that route.  Sheesh. . .

No comments: