Friday, November 18, 2011

World Prematurity Awareness Day

Today, November 17th, is World Prematurity Awareness Day.  I meant to get this completed sooner as I have only 30 minutes left in the day.  If I could just educate one person or touch one heart. . .I would consider that a success.  What is prematurity?  Prematurity is waiting over one month to hold your newborn baby for the first time. Prematurity is sitting helplessly by their side for months on end while your children fight for their lives.  Prematurity is saying good-bye to your babies not knowing if it may be for the last time.  Prematurity can happen to any family. . .I never thought it would happen to mine.  But, it became our story and a part of our lives.  This is dedicated to my two AMAZING children. . .one on earth and one in heaven.

*Be sure to scroll down and pause the music player before starting the video.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi, I just came across your blog. I have micro-preemie twin girls, Grace & Faith!

My girls were born two days apart, but Grace was born at 23 weeks 5 days....
and also in August 2007!

I've enjoyed reading a tiny bit so far of your story and journey :)