Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Vaseline saga continues.

photo (42)

This is what her hair looked like after several failed attempts.  No, her hair is not wet. . .that’s all grease.  I’ve tried literally every remedy that I’ve ever heard or read about.  This afternoon I  coated her hair white with baby powder.  Yikes!

photo (41)

Then, I washed it with Dawn dish soap, a clarifying shampoo and then a conditioner.  Her hair is really drying out from all these frequent washings + the dish soap.  So, I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that her hair is going to be like this for awhile.  Hopefully, in time it will get back to normal.  At least we don’t have a special occasion or pictures coming up.  Sheesh. . .who knew Vaseline was such an awful thing to get in your hair!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The pic of her white hair is just too hilarious. lolol.. wow.. who'd a thought Vaseline could be so stubborn! Good luck! Maybe little braids all over her head till it washes out?! lol.. She probably kept thinking.. "why is my mom putting so many things on my hair!?" lol

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is one of those things that is hilarious if it's someone ELSE's kid ;-)
Neva

Anonymous said...

Did you try mayonaise? I am thinking back to my childhood when a friend used vaseline in her hair to look like Dracula. I think her mom used mayonaise to get it out.