Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Emily Isbell

There was a young woman by the name of Emily Isbell who was a longtime follower of my blog. She would always send Olivia cards and gifts in the mail. She was only in her 20s, but she was very ill. Tonight I was going through my address book and I came across her address. I felt an overwhelming sense of guilt. I would send her thank you cards, but never once did I send something special to her. She had lost both of her parents this past year. I'd send an email, but never did I send her something in the mail. That got me thinking. . .I had not heard from her in a long time. Things have been so crazy, I hadn't noticed. Knowing Emily, she would have a small gift for baby Abigail as she was so excited for her arrival. I looked her up on Facebook and found out she had passed away around the first of November. She never got to even "meet" my sweet Abigail. My heart is broken. For one, the world lost a very thoughtful, caring soul. And I'm so ashamed that I didn't even find out until 3 months later! It gives me peace that she is with her parents and I'm sure she has met my sweet Logan who she cared a lot about. But it still breaks my heart in two.

No comments: