Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday, October 5, 2007 - Update

I just wanted to thank everyone for their love and support. I also would highly recommend Downing and Lahey mortuary and Resthaven Cemetery. I only mention this because we had to choose a mortuary before we left the hospital on the night that Logan passed away. Not only were we not in the right frame of mind, but we had no idea about any of this. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories. Ryan and I were treated, however, with such care and compassion. Resthaven even donates all of the plots in Babyland where Logan is buried. Thank you to everyone who has helped us through this difficult time.

As most of you know, Logan had to be delivered by emergency c-section. Most people would be frustrated by this, but looking back I consider it such a blessing. I look down at my scar and am constantly reminded of the beautiful baby boy that I carried. I know that the pain of losing him will fade over time, but like my scar. . .it will never go away. Ryan and I loved him so very much and we are so grateful for the time that we had with him. His sister, Olivia, is the most amazing little girl in the whole world. Holding her last night was beyond words. I drifted off to sleep last night thinking happy thoughts for the first time in a long time. I would say that I waited 5 ½ long weeks to hold her, but in truth I have waited my whole life to hold my child in my arms. I feel selfish, but my intent was never to be an inspiration to anybody. I just wanted to be a mom.

We are getting ready to go up and visit Olivia. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First thing in the AM and last thing at night we check to see how you are doing. We are so thankful that you are doing better. You are blessed and you are a blessing.
Mary and Ed