Saturday, October 6, 2007

Friday, October 5, 2007 - Update

I am happy to announce that Olivia has passed the 2 lb mark. She now weighs 2 lb 1 oz. What a big girl!! Her vent settings are lower than they’ve ever been. They are 19/5 with a rate of 18 bpm. I can’t even begin to describe her amazing personality. She’s definitely going to keep us on our toes. Olivia knows how to set off the ventilator alarm . . I think she does it by holding her breath. She drops and raises her saturation level and sets off those beeps. All of the other babies around her seem so quiet and subdued. Before Ryan and I even reach her bedside, we hear the alarms and beeps. We just look at each other and say, “That has to be our Olivia!” No matter how tightly the nurses wrap her up, she manages to get her arms and legs out. She has amazingly strong neck muscles and actually managed (while on her stomach) to lift up her head and turn it the other way. (Not a good thing while she’s attached to the ventilator.) The other day when we talked about how ornery she was, I promise you. . .she made the biggest grin. I can’t wait to watch her grow up and see who she becomes!!

No comments: