Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - A Poem For Logan

I wrote a poem for Logan last night. I’ve been writing poetry since junior high. As I’ve gotten older, I don’t write it very often. I also don’t share it very much. But, I’ve shared everything else on here, so why not? Anyway, here is my poem. . . .dedicated to my wonderful son, Logan William.


Playing in Heaven Instead
By Jodi Glunt

You were the perfect little boy
Of whom we always dreamed.
Did you know we had your name picked out?
All along or so it seemed.

You even had your daddy’s hands
So miniature in size.
In life we never got to hold you
Or even see your opened eyes.

We had so many plans for you.
Did you know you are a twin?
I wanted you to grow up together.
What a pair you would have been!

I wanted to take you to the park
And push you on the swing.
I wanted to teach you how to walk,
And read and write and sing.

I wanted to show you a fire truck
And let you ride upon a horse.
I wanted to take you to the zoo
To see the giraffes, of course.

I wanted you to watch cartoons
And play video games with dad.
And you and I would take a nap
Oh, the times we would have had.

But, your mommy’s plans were not to be.
“I have other plans,” God said.
“Instead of playing in life’s playground
You’ll be playing in heaven instead.”

And someday when I see you again
I’ll walk down a road paved in gold.
I’ll run to be right by your side
And in my arms I’ll finally hold!

5 comments:

Sarah Furlough said...

What a beautiful poem, and so touching!

When my Logan died, someone said to me, how amazing it must be to grow up in Heaven! I agree, though my arms still ache to hold him. I know you understand what I mean.

God bless you, I know this is not an easy journey. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Jodi! That's so gorgeous! I'm so glad that you shared it with all of us! I cried, and still am. It's so awesome that you can look back on someone and not just fall apart. I sometimes am guilty of this. And it hurts so much. I don't know what to say to other people to make things better. And I don't know what to do to make things better, so if you have any advice, please let me know. I love you guys so much and I thought of Olivia all day today.
Stay Strong,
Shea
(p.s. keep writing!)

Shannon said...

Beautiful, gave me goosebumps!

Miracles said...

Very touching, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. It is a lovely poem. God bless you.

My prayers are with you, Ryan and Olivia. I know Logan can hear these beautiful words. I look forward to your blog every day. Thank you for sharing.