Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - Update

I think I've been feeling a bit better these last few days, although I have my good and bad moments. Instead of focusing on the pain of the last few months, I've been trying to focus on the miracle that is my daughter. Even if I'm never able to have any more children, I will forever feel blessed with such an amazing child.

I've tried to find things that have seemed to improve my mood. . .

1) Sleep. I have always needed more sleep than the average person. I've been that way since I was a child. Instead of trying to change into someone who can function on 4-5 hours of sleep, I've just accepted the fact that I need sleep.

2) My decision to stop pumping. Now, that doesn't mean I've stopped. I think something is hard-wired into me. . . MUST.GO.PUMP. You can't just quit cold turkey at the risk of getting mastitis or something like that. So, I've gradually reduced the frequency of pumping. The problem is that I'm only pumping every 6 hours and I'm getting more milk than ever. I think the stress of knowing I don't have to pump has boosted my supply. Then, Olivia decided last night that she wanted to nurse a bit, so. . .who knows.

3) Getting dressed and ready. I don't do it everyday, but it helps.

4) Online shopping. Okay, so I'm not particularly fond of this one, but I'm so excited to find out what I'll be getting each day. A high-chair one day, a new lamp for Olivia another. . .

5) Car rides. Yesterday the three of us went on a road trip to the Arby's drive-thru.

6) Getting involved with March of Dimes. It's a good feeling to know that I can do something to help other people going through similar situations.

7) Ryan found something that gets Poly-Vi-Sol out of clothes. It was so depressing to watch every one of Olivia's outfits get stained. Nothing seemed to get it out. Ryan stained one of her new blankets and knew I would be upset, so he tried to find something to get it out. . .TECH

http://www.techstainremover.com/

We've been a fan of this for a long time for removing carpet stains. It works wonders for this as well. It even works on old stains that have been run through the washing machine!

Overall, I'm hoping to start feeling a little better each day.

5 comments:

Kellars Mommy said...

I so need to get some of that stain remover, Kellar has ruined so many shirts that won't be eligible to re-sale on ebay..I love online shopping, well I ebay a lot and I too can't wait to check the mail and get the goodys...

Anonymous said...

Hey feeling a little better each day is awesome! And don't worry if you have a crappy day mixed in there. Heck you're entitled! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. Maybe before we're 30? Augh! We're going to be 30 in a matter of weeks! Er, less than weeks. Days more like it. When did that happen?!?!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy this TECH? At a national chain store, I hope? I have not seen it before. I want some.

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
I know there's nothing I can do, because there's something going around in my house, but your post makes me feel so helpless.
I was glad, though, that you got to go on more adventures! Arby's sounds amazing!
I was holding Kaleb today at church and I asked Grandma, "Is this how much Olivia weighs?" and she said they were neck-and-neck. I was like "Cool!"
Ryan-
We're gonna have to start calling you Super-Dad! But I know you've always been one! But, anyway, way to go on the stain remover! My dad would be like "Oh, well." HAHA! Not you! Hope you're maintaining some sleep hours too.
Love you guys!
Stay Strong,
Shea♥

p.s.
I'm gonna start counting down the days til' April...!!

Jodi said...

We've purchased Tech at Ace Hardware.