Monday, November 19, 2012

OB Appt

Feeling better after meeting with my OB today. Still contracting, but cervix looks good. I guess the cerclage would allow me to dilate to about 2 and I would most likely have warning before it would tear. With my vertical uterine scar, I have time on my side as it has had 5 years to heal. Most likely I would have very bad contractions before risk of rupture. Currently, they just feel like bad menstrual cramps. My only choice would be to have my c section before 38 weeks. However, insurance will not allow my OB to perform a c section before 38 weeks without an amniocentesis. I really don't want to do that just in order to prove she's developed enough. I want to keep her in as long as possible, but not so long as when the risks start to outweigh the benefits. So for now I just take it day by day. If my contractions worsen or I develop any new symptoms, I have to head to the hospital ASAP. I'm feeling much more reassured and hopeful. Of course, now I develop the worst cough I've had in years! That makes me, Olivia, my mom and aunt Shelley who are coughing our heads off. Abigail wouldn't want to come yet anyway! Thanks for the prayers. If all goes according to plan, she'll be here 3 weeks from today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that you are feeling better about everything. I had Evan at 34 weeks and he still had to stay in the NICU for two weeks. Keep Abigail baking! You are doing a great job!