Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday, November 24, 2012

You'd think I'd be a pro at this. I mean, I left Olivia at the hospital over 100 times. But, this is rough. I keep looking at things around the house and thinking, "last time I sat here or ate that. . .Abigail was in my tummy." And she isn't anymore. She's all alone at the hospital. Does she even remember who her mommy and daddy are? I really didn't think it would be this difficult because having a baby born 5 weeks early is completely different than having a baby born 17 weeks early. And she will most likely be home within the week. Being home with Olivia and Ryan is wonderful. It does my heart good. I love my family and can't wait until Abigail can join us.

Olivia is completely mesmerized by my breast pump. I had to explain to her that I was making milk to take to Abigail. She thought for a moment and then asked, "Hey, why can't you make chocolate milk for me?" She cracks me up all the time. I had to tell her that I did the same thing for her many years ago.

When I got home, I weighed myself and I weighed the exact same!!!! I have some major fluid retention going on from the fluids they gave me during surgery. I traded in my big belly for cankles, I suppose. They are awful.

Anyway, please pray that Ryan and I are both able to see Abigail tomorrow. I was unable to hold her today because of my cough. :( I did get to peek in at her before I headed home and she is just so beautiful. I want to cuddle my baby so bad it's painful! We will all be at home together soon! Olivia has been sure to give me lots of extra hugs and I can't tell you how much I've missed her.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your sweet family! Hoping you are all home together soon!

No worries about the weight. . .I had gestational diabetes (severe case) and came home weighing the exact same too! I had tons of fluid retention after my c-section that I didn't have when I was pregnant. In about two weeks, you will have ankles again! The weight just starts melting off.

So happy for your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I just wish so badly that you didn't have to leave Abigail at all. I know it's different but it still hurts the same I'm sure! By the way, I noticed the new blog title :-) Wondered what you were going to do with that. I like it!
Love
Neva