Friday, August 23, 2013

I Will Always Come

It was a rough morning at our house. Olivia's excitement for kindergarten turned to the realization that kindergarten meant less time with me. In her words, that "shattered" her heart. She loves her teacher, yet is so afraid of the rock wall in P.E. She cried and cried. She cried because her favorite pants have a hole in the knee. She cried because her favorite socks are too small and all of the others have bumps in them. I was so upset all day. I read this tonight and it really rang true today. I just hope Olivia knows that I will always come.

http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/a-promise-for-my-daughter/

Right now that means putting her on the bus only to drive to school, get out of the van to watch her get off the bus, give her a hug and a kiss, get back in the van and drive home. Or telling her about the funny things she did when she was three and watching videos of them. Or sitting with her on the couch so that she can calm down and tell me what's wrong. Or telling another scary story about us getting lost in a deep dark cave while sitting on the floor of my closet. I've been here for 6 years and I'll be here for 60 more!!

Jodi- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: