Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Update

I just received this update from Mommy this morning:

Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength
- Isaiah 40:28-29

Yesterday was a trying day. Logan was having some trouble recovering from surgery and his kidneys stopped functioning like they should. I don’t believe he had any urine output for about 19 hours. They gave him some medication to help and it didn’t work. Then, they gave him some dopamine and did a sonogram while we were there. The doctor was supposed to call us with the results. We got home around 6 pm and I went to sleep. I was having a hard time keeping it together. We waited and waited for the doctor to call and he never did. Finally, a little before 8 pm, Ryan called. The doctor went over to check on Logan before updating us, and Logan peed all over his hand! Later that evening, he had urinated about 3 cc. This morning when we called, we found out that he has urinated about 94 cc of urine!! We couldn’t be more excited!!! He’s also had really high blood sugar. They want it to be between 45-100 and yesterday his was 223-230. This morning it was 147. Yesterday, we did get to give Logan his first little hand hug and I was able to take his temperature. We’re hoping that he is now on his way to recovering from the surgery.

Olivia needs some extra prayers as we have been quite worried about her. She’s had trouble with her oxygen and ventilator settings. She still has mucous in her lungs and has had some blood in her stool. They had to stop her feeding because of it and we’re hoping that can get started again. Each time they get in with her, her oxygen has to be turned up to 100%. She is still not tolerating handling well at all. They have also started her on an anti-fungal medication to prevent yeast in her blood. I hope I’m saying all of this right. Ryan is the one remembers everything so well. We even had a nurse ask him if he was in the medical field. He has this ability to retain and remember information like no one I’ve ever met.

We will be up to see them today and I’ll try to update you again. I didn’t realize how many people would be checking this website. I’m going to have to start proofreading my posts (I do have my bachelors in elementary education, after all.) Thanks again for all of your prayers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayer! Continuing to pray,
Becky R.