Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday, November 10, 2007 - Update

Today was a very difficult day for both Ryan and me. This morning we got rid of Logan’s crib, which we had been needing to do in order to get the nursery ready. It just kinda reminded us, however, that Logan is never coming home. We went to Babies-R-Us and it was very difficult. It had been hard for me to go into baby stores when I was trying so desperately for a child. You’d think now that I have a baby, it would be easier. . .but, it’s not. I saw a little outfit that said, ‘If you think I’m cute, you should see my twin” and I just lost it. Ryan just about lost it, right there in the middle of the store. I think everything is catching up to Ryan. He’s been remaining pretty busy throughout this whole ordeal, but it’s difficult for him. I know time will make all things easier, but we will forever miss our sweet Logan. We will forever wonder why they had to be born so early. Today would have been better if Olivia didn’t have so many As and Bs. They decreased her feeding today because Dr Dorn believes that her problems may be caused by reflux. Her oxygen requirements still remain very low at less than 25 mL / minute. She’ll saturate at 100% and then drop like a rock. It’s so scary. We weren’t going to hold her today because of her numerous episodes, but I’m glad we decided to. Ryan held her and it was just what he needed. She remained awake for a long time and was staring at him and grabbing his finger. They had many wonderful father/daughter moments and she was so cute as a pretty pink princess (thanks Stacie for the adorable sleeper!) She was also cuddled up in her new quilt that was made just for her. She is now up to 3 lbs 10 ¾ oz and is an absolutely beautiful baby. Both sets of grandparents were able to come up and check on her.

We went to Kohl’s on the way home. We walked in the door and heard, “Are you Olivia’s parents?” Yes, we had our first public recognition. This wonderful lady heard about us from her church and she follows the blog everyday with her daughter. Thank you to all of the people who have taken such an interest in my daughter’s life and for keeping her in your daily prayers. You’ll never know how much it means to us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are celebrities! And so is Olivia! Sorry you had such a cruddy day Jodi and Ryan. Bad days are inevitable, but tomorrow will be better! Talk to you soon. And I love the pics!

Kerry

Kellars Mommy said...

I too am sorry to hear about the rough day..I too find that when I see a I'm the little brother shirt or stuff of that nature it's one of those reminders that I don't have my
Cameron with me here..Sending hugs your way...

Anonymous said...

The quilt I made for Olivia is just a reminder of the love and prayers that I have for you and her. You have such wonderful nurses that care for your family! She is so beautiful and looks great in pink!!!!
Praying for you,
Susan Howell- Holli Taylor's Mom