Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday, November 4, 2007 - Evening Update



It’s official. . .Olivia takes after me and loves to rock in a rocking chair. When we got her out tonight, she was crying and crying and the second I started rocking she was fine. She’s doing great, our little Bo PEEP of 4!! Yep, they turned her down on the CPAP again and she’s doing great, although now she probably can’t wait to get off of the CPAP. While rocking my daughter, I was able to feel like a real mother. I’m sure that after being swaddled in a blanket and cradled in my arms. . .Olivia was able to feel like a real baby.

It was a tough night in the NICU. They had a new baby admitted who seemed to be struggling quite a bit. After we had put Olivia back in her isolette and got ready to leave, Olivia kept crying. It’s hard to leave your baby when she’s crying, so I had my hands in on her trying to calm her down. The new baby’s condition quickly worsened and we were advised to promptly leave. I feel like I didn’t get to say goodnight to Olivia and I didn’t want to leave her when she was upset. Of course, I understand all too well about the hardships that happen in the NICU. It was very difficult for me remembering back to that awful night on September 28th. I just wanted to be by Olivia’s side and never leave. Because of everything, I’m just not doing too well tonight. I want my Olivia home with me so very badly. My prayers go out to the family of the baby and I hope and pray that they were able to get her stabilized. Nobody should have to go through any of this.

Anyway, that’s all I really feel like writing tonight. I meet with the physical therapists tomorrow to further discuss Olivia’s progress. Please always keep my little girl close to your heart.





We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need…
Colossians 1:11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it still shocks me that I'm a "real mom" and my girls are 7 and 5! I am glad you got to rock Olivia. I will go say a prayer right now for both Olivia and the new little baby in the NICU.
Laura

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that after all you've been through you still have so much empathy for others. I'm sure you didn't want to leave Olivia (Livi is such a cute nickname), but knew that was the best thing for that other little girl.

Love always,

Kerry

23wktwinsmommy said...

I know how you feel. While in the NICU with S&E during the time when they were finally stable...both on nasal cannulas, a set of twin girls were admitted. One twin was very sick and one night while we were there she took a turn for the worst. It was so diffcult and I ended up leaving the NICU in tears. This little baby is in my thoughts and prayers, as is Olivia (who is so close to coming off CPAP...yay!)

Anonymous said...

Where has this break-through come from. As I was catching up on the weekend updates, I have noticed a complete turn-around in this amazing little girl. Whatever has happened, please don't let up! Getting the latest updates has got to be one of the most uplifting things to my day!
That tent is THE CUTEST thing I've ever seen! It was also great to read that you have already been thinking of nicknames! Livi is so adorable!
The pictures are so incredibly gorgeous! I love the picture with her eyes open! They make her look so much bigger!
It's too bad that another baby was admittited recently. But thankfully the mother will have Jodi to help her through her tough time. Jodi is such an inspiration to so many women, and kids, that it's just unreal. You can add one more tally to the charts as I know you will influence this mother as well. I know I've said it before but, the amount of over-flowing faith that you have is remarkable! You truely are a story to tell! (Can't wait to read the ending to this story!)
Love you all so much and so glad that maybe Livi will be able to come off CPAP soon!
Love you all,
Stay Strong,
Shea