Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday, September 4, 2009 - Update

My day started very badly. I won't get into the whole thing, but I was referred to an endocrinologist a few weeks ago because something in my bloodwork came back elevated (shouldn't be over 200 and it came back 309.) The cause of it being elevated is usually due to a genetic disease that causes infertility, headaches, depression and. . .extreme fatigue. I thought I was on the road to some real answers. I went back this morning for the results of my second round of bloodwork and that hormone was back in the normal range (91) and thus. . .I'm deemed normal. I don't feel normal and I'm so depressed that no one can help me. My new endocrinologist just decided to agree with my previous diagnosis of PCOS, even though I only have a few of the symptoms. I've tried everything, spent thousands on supplements, started exercising. I'm just at a loss. So, I was sitting on the couch feeling really down and I look out the door to find this:



This sweet little kitty staring into our house. We went outside and played with the kitty a bit. Think of the friendliest cat that you've ever met and multiply that by 100. This is the sweetest, most loving cat I have ever met. An hour later?



Still here. Okay, so maybe I got her a bowl of water which may have persuaded her to stay. But, this sweet kitty has hung out at our house all afternoon. She thinks that she lives here. I have never seen it around, but I'm sure it's someone's cat. If not, I'm going to try with every persuasive skill that I have to call her my own. She's too sweet not to have a home. You should see her (I'm assuming it's a girl) with Olivia. They snuggle up together and follow each other around. We've spent quite a bit of time outside with the kitty.



Anyway, the time came when I was ready to go back inside, but it broke Olivia's heart to be away from her kitty.

I think we're headed back outside. Olivia loves animals, but I've never seen her quite like this. The two of them are instant friends. It's like this little kitty showed up at our house to brighten my day. . .and it sure worked.

7 comments:

Kim said...

How could Ryan say no to a face like that?!

Don Sailing said...

She is a very pretty kitty! She looks like Maddie's cat, Ms. Kitten (Abbey's mom). You have my vote for kitty!

Cristi said...

What?! I didnt know Olivia could make a face like that?

Jodi said...

Cristi: She's two now. She makes all kinds of new faces. :)

Anonymous said...

We have 3 cats and they are angels with the kids and the girls adore them! You should get her a cat

Kellars Mommy said...

Ohhhhh poor baby! I hope the cat is still around, maybe even now in your house? Kellar fell in love with a bunny rabbit at the pet store today, I had all the supplies in hand to bring it home and decided to let Brooke buy it and take it home, we can always go visit. I can't believe how big Olivia has gotten!

Jodi said...

We haven't seen the kitty at all today. I'm sure it was probably somebody's cat. Either that or a little angel. . .