Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday, September 3, 2009 - Update

Lots to do today. . .first a doctor's appt. . .
then shopping with my baby.

Olivia had her two year appointment today and amazingly. . .it was her best appointment ever. I don't know whether it helped, but I took her favorite blanket and we listened to Celine Dion on the way in the car. Olivia is calmed by calming music. She wore her glasses the entire time (usually those are the first things to go when she gets upset) and she told the doctor her letter sounds and even smiled at him, etc. Her weight still isn't where he'd like her to be, but she seems to be staying in the same percentile (which is way below the 1 percentile.) Because of that, he concluded that she is just going to be small. My mom looked and I was only 22 lbs at 2 years old and I didn't start out at 1 lb 1.5 oz.

Weight: 19.8 lbs (Seems she has fallen a bit below 20 lbs.)
Height: 30 inches
Head circumference: 45.25 cm

So, no talk of growth hormone testing at all. Whew. The only thing that he was really concerned about was that she still has 3 bottles a day. She doesn't drink milk well out of a cup or straw, so the only way I can successfully get her the amount she needs is by bottle. When you're concerned about weight, it's a hard thing to giveup. Plus, she has fallen in love with her bottle recently. Anyway, she got one shot (Hep A) and the flu mist nasal spray. She cried more from the nasal spray than the shot and she walked out of the doctor's office without any tears. What a big girl!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Yay! I'm so glad the appointment went smoothly. Sorry I couldn't go with you though. So, is Olivia going to be able to get the H1N1 flu vaccine when it becomes available? I hope so!