Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - Update

Yesterday, we went out to visit Logan's grave. It's been a little frustrating lately because items that have been placed out on his grave have come up missing. I mentioned this on facebook and everyone was outraged and couldn't believe that this happens. It is actually more common than you think. It took me awhile to accept that it wasn't anything personal, although I think Logan's grave has now been targeted as one with "cool stuff." So, unfortunately, we can't decorate it like we have in the past. I have received, however, many interesting ideas such as attaching alarms, video surveillance, or simply placing labels that state "This was stolen from a baby's grave" or "You are being watched." I figure that the people who do such awful acts need our prayers more than anything else.




That's my brother.
The biggest gift we've received this weekend is that Olivia said her brother's name for the first time. We were looking at pictures of him and I asked her who that was. She said, "Lolo," and then kissed his picture. It brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet sister she would be!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

We will be praying for your family today and tomorrow. Hopefully God's comfort will be felt during this time. Althought I am sure it is hard to say, but I think Olivia is a great sister! We don't even know what she knows yet. She may "feel" Logan with her every day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How sweet that Logan said his name and kissed his photo. I find it hard to believe that people could steal from a grave. Obviously they are not people who have lost a loved one. Yes, they need our prayer but that's not an easy request. Right now I am angry that they would do that to your sons grave. ((HUGS))

mint said...

People steal stuff off graves around here too & even turn them over!

Anonymous said...

It just breaks my heart that people steal from a babies grave. You're right whoever steals from a grave needs prayers.